The cyclist’s favourite topic: Tyres. Which ones? Which compound of rubber? What size?
There’s no right answer – especially for Yorkshire True Grit. You make your choice and that’s it for the duration of the ride. This might help your decision making process though.
- Bar last week’s deluge of rain it’s been dry up here for weeks. The forecast for the next 10 days is looking good (BBC Weather)
- In The Outlaw there’s only 13 miles of tarmac. The rest is Gravel Track or Singletrack.
- In The Drive there’s about 10 miles of tarmac. The rest is Gravel Track or Singletrack.
- In The Stampede there’s about 5 miles of tarmac. The rest is Gravel Track or Singletrack.
- The routes are picked to test your True Grit – if you rode last year you’ll know what that means, if you’re new: *hello, and welcome to Yorkshire True Grit!*
- Run tubeless tyres. I’ll say that a bit louder: RUN TUBELESS TYRES. Oh, yes, one’s with Snakeskin sidewalls if possible – especially on The Outlaw and The Drive. Watch the Facebook live video on our Facebook page if you need any more convincing on that.
- Run the tyres that you are used to. Know how they handle in all conditions.
- Some tyres’ll be fast on the singletrack but suck on the road. Some will fly on the Gravel and but suck on the singletrack. I guess what we’re saying is that there isn’t a right choice!
If you think you’ve got the perfect tyre set-up share it on our Facebook page so that everyone else can learn from, or laugh at, your choice!